A laser is used to remove 20 to 50 microns of epidermis to create a smoother, healthier, more vibrant appearance with a significant change in skin texture and tightness.
The MicroLaserPeel can:
- Correct wrinkles, scars, acne scars, actinic keratoses or pigment problems
- Leave your skin with a softer, smoother texture
- Improve the tone of your skin
- Rejuvenate your face, giving a more youthful appearance
Certain physical attributes indicate that you are ready—and have reasonable expectations—of laser vein and redness treatments:
You are a good candidate if you:
- Have fair skin—olive skin must be prepped with a six-week course of Retin A and hydroquinone
- Have a positive outlook but realistic goals for the improvement of your appearance
- Are looking for more than a light chemical peel
- Don’t have time for a prolonged healing process
Consultation and Evaluation
First you will:
- Discuss your specific goals with Dr. Swier
- Have a physical exam
- Get a course of treatment recommended by Dr. Swier
- Ask questions and get answers to help you understand the process
Be sure to:
- Openly share your expectations
- Disclose your complete health history, current medications, and use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Commit to follow precisely all of Dr. Swier’s instructions
The MicroLaserPeel is a partial- to full-epidermal peel that excises 20 to 50 microns. It is performed with topical anesthesia. It ablates deeper into the epidermis and is the perfect step between microdermabrasion and full skin resurfacing.
Typically the procedure is repeated once or twice, six to eight weeks apart.
Progress and Healing
Healing takes three to four days. The procedure can be performed on Thursday or Friday and you can return to work the following Monday. The procedure will leave you looking and feeling as if you’ve been sunburned. You’ll have a minor sloughing of skin on the second day. Redness will begin to fade by the third day and can easily be covered up with makeup on the fourth day.